The segment of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) changes frequently and the year 2022 is all set to witness some phenomenal changes. 2021 was the year of Google Algorithm Updates, and a lot more is sure to come this year. So if you were wondering about the SEO trends of 2022, then let’s see what would be the trends.
SEO Trends of 2022
1. Importance of Site usability metrics
Google is paying extra heed to user experience. They are penalizing sites not adhering to the UI/UX norms.
Things you need to prioritize in 2022 is as follows:
- Site speed: If your site loading speed exceeds 5 minutes, you may lose 40% of your customers. So it’s important to work on your site speed
- Accessibility: The WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guideline) is the international standard managed by W3C. Based on their standards, your site must be accessible by all
- Mobile readiness: As many users use mobile phones, mobile-first indexing is used by Google. So ensure your website is mobile-friendly
- Interstitial Experience: Interstitial refers to popups, ads, etc. and as per the norms, they shouldn’t hinder the experience
2. Content creation using AI
AI is impacting every segment, including SEO. AI is an effective way of analyzing huge amounts of data and providing results. There are various AI tools that generate human-like language based on inputs. The year 2022 would witness a boom in them.
3. The importance of backlinks will continue
Backlinks have been an essential component of SEO and 2022 would be no different. Google will continue to place importance on backlinks equity for SEO rankings. Backlinks have always been important and one website pointing to your website is a great way to increase your rankings.
4. Growth in Semantic search
Semantic search can be defined as a search based on intent and context using machine learning. It relies on prior data and makes use of trial and error to accentuate search results. The semantic search has primarily 2 roles to play in the field of SEO:
- Importance of secondary keywords in SEO
- Provision of accurate content on websites
5. Expansion of SERP features and the Knowledge Graph
Without clicking on a search result, you can still get the desired results. This feature is enabled by Google’s search engine results page (SERP) through Google’s featured snippets.
The knowledge graph of Google provides accurate data based on user data. Google’s strategy is to provide the most accurate content in a precise manner.
What does it mean for SEO?
The titles, headings, URLs, and quality content, all shall play an important role in improving CTR and you can also work on getting a block ranked instead of the entire content.
6. YouTube & Video Optimization
The channels that earn more than $10,000+ per year increased by 50% last year. Using YouTube, TikTok, Instagram videos, and more is a great strategy to engage customers and even grow them. If video creation hasn’t been your strategy until now, it might be a good idea to employ this for your SEO.
Some ways to increase the value of YouTube videos is by:
- Clip markup: Clip markup lets you enlist the key points of your video so that users can directly access that.
- Seek markup: Seek markup informs Google how your URL works.
- Closed captioning: Closed captioning for YouTube videos makes your video accessible to an audience having varied linguistic abilities
7. EAT Always
Although now completely new, EAT is intrinsic to all SEO. To make your content outstanding and make it rank in SERP, your content should meet the EAT parameters: expertise, authority, and trust. The more you show knowledge about a topic, the greater the trust factor. And as your trust quotient increases, more will be the backlinks, and more shall your content rank up. So this year pay heed to EAT and let your website rank up.
To game up your SEO, it is essential to stay updated about the strategies launched by Google. While the trends may seem complicated, it simply boils down to one factor- authentic and good content.
If you need assistance related to SEO or digital marketing, Anagramlogics is a great place to start. Reach out to us and let your business grow.
One thought on “The 7 Biggest SEO Trends for the Year 2022”